What is ISO 37001
Bribery is an act of offering, giving, receiving and soliciting any value or bribe to influence actions and decisions of an official or other person in charge of a public or legal duty. Bribery is leading to lack of trust and confidence
in negotiations and transactions between the business world and public institutions and has a great impact on international trade. Although until now many acts, legislations and laws have been implemented to prevent corruption
and bribery, not all of them have succeeded.
The requirements of ISO 37001 are generic and are applicable to organizations of all types, regardless of their size, activity and sector. This includes state-owned enterprises, large organizations, Small - Medium enterprises,
non-governmental and non-for-profit organisations.
The benefits are
An Anti-bribery Management System supports an Organisation to:
- prevent, detect and address bribery risks and improve risk assessment
- be more reliable and thus more likely to sign agreements with other organizations
- increase awareness of consequences if involved in bribery and increase its ability to detect fraud
- improve its financial performance by refusing to pay bribes, by not having to implement costly procedures and by implementing efficient mechanisms to track transactions
- improve its effectiveness
- improve employee performance by promoting an Anti-bribery culture
- avoid reputational damage caused from involvement in anti-bribery and thus add to its longevity
- increase international recognition by demonstrating the conformity to international standards, national and international laws.
If you want to certify your business or organization against ISO 37001 contact us